Scuderia Ferrari officially presented their car for the 2017 Formula 1 season on Friday in a low-key ceremony on the platform created especially for this event. During the afternoon, Sebastian Vettel and Kimi Raikkonen had the opportunity to drive the new car for the very first time on a track, in a “Filming day” dedicated mainly to sponsors and advertisement, putting the 100km on the SF70H at the Fiorano circuit.
Both drivers gave their first impressions of Scuderia Ferrari’s 2017 Formula 1 car and their feedback was positive at the end of the day despite inclement conditions holding them back: “You can see it is a step forward and you can feel it is a step forward,” – Sebastian Vettel said, as reported by the Italian newspaper Tuttosport. The Germain driver has been one of the more vocal supporters of the new-for-2017 regulations designed to make the cars more challenging to drive.
The new Scuderia Ferrari has made a positive impact, althought the development process is far from over: “It looks quite big and strong from the outside but also the first impressions are the right ones. We didn not have any problems. It was a good and a good start.” – Sebastian concluded.
“It was just a first touch and the main work starts in Barcelona but so far so good. It feels pretty similar to last year. There were a few changes, but not an awful lot.” – Kimi Raikkonen said, after the Finnish driver could cover the first laps with the new car in order to complete the first tests of the functionality of the various systems of the machinery.