The well-known Formula One blogger and insider Leo Turrini, who is notoriously close to anything that has to do with Scuderia Ferrari and is actually considered the unofficial voice of the Maranello team, reports on the latest news regarding the development of Scuderia Ferrari’s 2018 Formula One car. Here are some of the most important points indicated by the famous Italian blogger and journalist Leo Turrini on his quotidiano.net blog:
1) Scuderia Ferrari has made a huge effort in the attempt to lighten the new power-unit, as according to Leo Turrini this aspect was one of Mercedes advantages in the 2017 Formula 1 season (the overall weight of the package).
2) In theory it seems that Scuderia Ferrari has reached its goal regarding the power-unit weight.
3) On the dyno the Maranello team has reached 1000hp.
4) However, as reported by media insider Leo Turrini, rivals Mercedes have already reached this milestone.
5) This solution regarding the weight and power was the one which Scuderia Ferrari was hoping to have at the end of summer 2017, but it did not work out as planned.
6) From an aerodynamic point of view, the windtunnel results seem to be showing an important step forward, yet this information should be taken with a pinch of salt though.
7) Only during the first Barcelona tests it will be possible to understand whether the correlation between theory and practice will find a positive confirmation for the Maranello team. At the moment, these should only be considered assumptions.