Italian newspaper La Gazzetta dello Sport has reported about the new information / leaks regarding the 2019 Ferrari car:
– the sidepods should move back 5-6 cm and the rear taper will be even more accentuated, but above all will follow a different volumetric development.
– repositioning of the radiant package with a different gradient compared to the SF71H
– the external profile of the bodywork should be more rounded off, reducing the vertical section similar to the Red Bull RB14. However, the Maranello team isn’t copying Red Bull, it is an evolution of the concept which they worked on for the last two years to create a better efficiency of the cooling system
– changes to the floor has been made to increase the efficiency of the diffuser
– the 2019 Ferrari PU is an evolution of the 2018 one (a PU that proved to be efficient and reliable). The goal was to increase the power as a result of the increase of fuel (110 kilograms is now allowed instead of 105). Also a greater thermodynamic efficiency was targeted for next Ferrari power unit.