George Russell ended the second and final day of Bahrain in-season testing on top of the timesheets.
The Briton, who drove the Mercedes W10 crossed the in the dying minutes to lay down a 1:29.029, which was almost three seconds quicker than his qualifying lap last Saturday.
Sergio Perez was second, climbing into the Racing Point after Lance Stroll drove the morning session.
Sebastian Vettel was third, and held the lead at the top of the timesheets for much of the day in the Ferrari, as the German driver completed the Maranello team’s scheduled programme for the second day of testing at the Bahrain International Circuit. Carlos Sainz, who tested for both McLaren and Pirelli, was fourth.
Daniil Kvyat, who once again tested for Pirelli was fifth, ahead of Schumacher in the Alfa Romeo. Having driven the Ferrari on Tuesday, the German got his eye in at another team, offering him some valuable experience.
Final lap time results from the first Formula 1 pre-season test at the Sakhir International Circuit, Bahrain.
1. George Russell GBR Mercedes AMG Petronas Motorsport 1m 29.029s 101 laps
2. Sergio Perez MEX SportPesa Racing Point F1 Team 1m 29.095s 61 laps**
3. Sebastian Vettel GER Scuderia Ferrari 1m 29.319s 103 laps
4. Carlos Sainz ESP McLaren F1 Team 1m 29.795s 21 laps**
5. Daniil Kvyat RUS Red Bull Toro Rosso Honda 1m 29.911s 111 laps
6. Mick Schumacher GER Alfa Romeo Racing 1m 29.998s 70 laps
7. Alexander Albon THA Red Bull Toro Rosso Honda 1m 30.037s 143 laps
8. Lance Stroll CAN SportPesa Racing Point F1 Team 1m 30.049s 35 laps*
9. Dan Ticktum GBR Aston Martin Red Bull Racing Honda 1m 30.856s 135 laps
10. Romain Grosjean FRA Rich Energy Haas F1 Team 1m 30.903s 87 laps**
11. Fernando Alonso ESP McLaren F1 Team (Pirelli tyre test) 1m 31.006s 69 laps**
12. Pietro Fittipaldi BRA Rich Energy Haas F1 Team 1m 31.209s 48 laps*
13. Lando Norris GBR McLaren F1 Team 1m 31.303s 72 laps
14. Jack Aitken GBR Renault F1 Team 1m 31.500s 103 laps
15. Nicholas Latifi CAN ROKiT Williams Racing 1m 32.198s 100 laps
16. Carlos Sainz ESP McLaren F1 Team (Pirelli tyre test) 1m 32.269s 60 laps*
F1 Bahrain Grand Prix pole position record: Charles Leclerc Ferrari 1m 27.866s (2019)
F1 Bahrain Grand Prix race lap record: Charles Leclerc Ferrari 1m 33.411s (2019)